вторник, 7 июня 2011 г.

My church

Well, after those two posts that can be classified as depressing, I would like to write about something that sustains me and keeps me going. It's my church that I have grown to love so much over the past few months. A place where nobody will judge you for how you look or how you act, a place where I can be myself and be loved for what I am, not what I wish I were. A place where nobody wants to change me.

But the most important thing is, it's the place that helps me draw closer to God. A place where I understand new things, a place where I realize that no matter how lonely, abandoned, wounded and filthy I am, there is always Someone to cling to.

I have made some wonderful friends there as well, friends that keep me smiling. Together we get involved in various fun creative activities and make other people happy. A friend I had met there taught me one of the most valuable lessons in life - that one doesn't have to be rich, or extremely successful in life, or look like a supermodel, or have the best of everything to be loved and valued and special. Too bad I forget about it too often, but I am working on this.

My church is a very special place in my life and in my heart. I am incredibly thankful for everything I have there, for everyone I know there, and I treasure every memory, every moment I spent there.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий